Head of Cabin & Cargo (m/f/d)
Come join 328 Support Services GmbH, in partnership with our sister company DRA GmbH, as part of our exciting Regional Aircraft Program dedicated to developing the next generation of technologically advanced aircraft. Be part of the vision and strategy to deliver enhanced products that support more sustainable aviation. We are a German company founded on the proud heritage of Dornier pioneering aviation and Germany’s reputation for engineering innovation, design and quality. Our passion is innovation and driven by the aspiration for more energy efficient, cleaner and safer air travel.
The Head of Cabin & Cargo is disciplinary leading the design department of the aircraft cabin interior and cargo compartment, as well as cabin related systems water & waste, fire suppression/extinguishing, air conditioning, pressurisation and oxygen for crew and passenger. The responsibility is to build the competences and resources to secure the deliverables as well as defining the methods, processes and tools required to execute the activities throughout the product life cycle from early research and concept phases, programme development to continuous product support.
The position responsibility includes the processes and delegations compliant with the design organisation for the relevant competences within department. The Head of Cabin & Cargo is responsible for future benchmark positioning including core competences, working practices such as agile and lean approaches and continuous assessment of trends and capabilities, especially design principles, manufacturing processes and improvements such as digital data usage.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ramp up the required competences and capabilities according to defined deliverables and agreed head count
- Leading disciplinary an engineering department building upon a competence management and tailored training concepts
- Implement programme and project requirements into a resource planning including core and non-core activities and a viable sub-contracting policy
- Ensures adequate technical, process and procedure training and expertise of the engineering team
- Implement and support company strategy with proper positioning of the cabin & cargo team determine future needs and trends.
- Educated Engineering degree (BA Eng/Sc, MA Eng/Sc) in materials, aeronautics / aviation or mechanical
- > 8 years professional experience in relevant fields of aircraft development and product requirements
- Wide proficiency of latest cabin safety requirements and aircraft system design criteria, materials, methods and tools.
- New product development experience of at least one new aircraft programme
- Communication and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritise, manage and execute multiple simultaneous tasks
- Assertive, pro-active, innovative and creative
What we offer
- Work with us on a high-tech product "Made in Germany" at an aviation hub in the attractive surroundings of Munich
- Flexible working hours
- Individual training opportunities
- 30 days of vacation a year
- Subsidized lunch at our canteen
- Group accident insurance
- Capital-forming benefits
- Easy access to the public transport system - we are directly located at the A96
- Free parking
- Flat hierarchies and the possibility to take on responsibility with enough room to grow