Head of Airframe (m/f/d)
Come join 328 Support Services GmbH, in partnership with our sister company DRA GmbH, as part of our exciting Regional Aircraft Program dedicated to developing the next generation of technologically advanced aircraft. Be part of the vision and strategy to deliver enhanced products that support more sustainable aviation. We are a German company founded on the proud heritage of Dornier pioneering aviation and Germany’s reputation for engineering innovation, design and quality. Our passion is innovation and driven by the aspiration for more energy efficient, cleaner and safer air travel.
The Head of Airframe is leading the Core Competence Teams Structure Analysis, Design and Material & Process. The responsibility is to build the competences and resources to secure the deliverables of the Airframe unit. This includes defining the methods, processes and tools required to execute the activities along the product life cycle from early research and concepts phases, programme development and continuous product support.
The position responsibility includes the processes and delegations complient with the design organisation for the relevant competences within Airframe. The Head of Airframe Core Competence Unit is responsible for strategic decisions to ensure future benchmark positioning concerning competences, working practices such as agile and lean approaches and the continuous assessment of trends and capabilities improvements such as digital data usage.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ramp up the required airframe competences and capabilities according defined deliverables and agreed head count
- Leading disciplinary an airframe engineering with departments and teams including competence management and training concept.
- Implement programme and projects requirements into a resource planning including core and non-core activities and a viable sub-contracting policy
- Ensures adequate technical, process and procedure training and expertise of the engineering team.
- Implement and support company strategy with proper positioning of the airframe engineering determine future needs and trends.
- Educated Engineering degree (BA Eng/Sc, MA Eng/Sc) in aeronautics / aviation or mechanical
- > 10 years professional experience in relevant fields of aircraft development and product requirements
- Wide proficiency of airframe requirements, design criteria, materials, methods and tools
- New product development experience of at least one new aircraft programme
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritise, manage and execute multiple simultaneous tasks
- Assertive, pro-active, innovative and creative
What we offer
- Work with us on a high-tech product "Made in Germany" at an aviation hub in the attractive surroundings of Munich
- Flexible working hours
- Individual training opportunities
- 30 days of vacation a year
- Subsidized lunch at our canteen
- Group accident insurance
- Capital-forming benefits
- Easy access to the public transport system - we are directly located at the A96
- Free parking
- Flat hierarchies and the possibility to take on responsibility with enough room to grow